Das Juwelenhalskette Sutra, Bodhisattva Ornament Sutra oder Bodhisattva Praxis Juwelen - Halskette Sutra(Chin. P’u-sa-ying-lo-pen-yeh-ching; Jap. Bosatsu-yoraku-hongo-kyo, Yoraku-kyo : Sutra der ursprünglichen Handlung der Ornamente der Girlande des Bodhisattva) ist ein asiatisches Sutra, das zwischen dem fünften und sechsten Jahrhundert zusammengestellt wurde. Chu Fo-nien(buddhasmrti) soll es zwischen 376 and 378 in die chinesische Sprache übersetzt haben, nach anderen Quellen entstand es in China im fünften und sechsten Jahrhundert.
Der Text behandelt die 52 Stufen der Bodhisattva-Praxis und erläutert den Prozess, durch den ein Bodhisattva ein Buddha wird. Das Sutra behandelt daneben auch die Mahayana- oder Bodhisattva-Gebote.
Die 10 Stufen des Glauben sind (en):
- Arousing pure faith.
- Keeping the precept.
- Directing previously acquired good fortune toward attaining enlightenment.
- Guarding the mind against earthly desires.
- Discarding attachment.
- Making effort to fulfill one’s vows.
Die 10 Stufen der Sicherheit sind :
- Arousing the aspiration for Buddhahood.
- Contemplating the non-substantiality of things.
- Performing all possible good deeds.
- Clearly understanding that, because phenomena exist only in relationship to other phenomena, they have no permanent and unchangeable substance of their own.
- Applying all good deeds as a means to developing one's perception of the non-substantiality of things.
- Perfecting the wisdom to perceive the non-substantiality of things.
- Never retrogressing from the realization of the truth of the non-substantiality of things.
- Never harboring false views or losing the aspiration for enlightenment,
- Deeply understanding the Buddha's teachings to the point where one is assured of attaining Buddhahood in the future.
- Obtaining the wisdom to perceive that, because all things are without substance, there is nothing that is actually born or dies.
Die 10 Stufen der Praxis sind:
- The stage of joyful service, in which one awakens to the non-substantiality of all things and phenomena, and causes others to rejoice by offering them all one's possessions.
- The stage of beneficial practice, in which one always instructs and benefits others.
- The stage of never offending, in which one engages in the practice of forbearance and frees oneself from anger, not offending others. It is also called the practice of never resenting.
- The stage of limitless assiduousness, in which one continues earnest practice in order to lead others to enlightenment, whatever the hardships involved.
- The stage of non-confusion, in which one is not hindered by illusions or ignorance.
- The stage of appearance in the Buddha land, in which one is always born in a Buddha land. (7) The stage of non-attachment, in which one perceives all things and phenomena as non-substantial and frees oneself from attachment to them.
- The stage of attaining the difficult, in which one perfects the practice for accumulating virtues that are difficult to attain. It is also called the stage of praising, in which one praises and promotes the paramitas, or bodhisattva practices for perfection, among the people.
- The stage of being a model in the preaching of the Law, in which one's practice of preaching and protecting the Law becomes a model for all others.
- The stage of realizing the truth, in which one is awakened to the truth of the Middle Way.
Die 10 Stufen der Hingabe sind :
- The stage of saving all people and freeing oneself from the characteristics of a common mortal. In this stage, while practicing the six paramitas among the beings of the six paths, one makes efforts to save all of them and at the same time liberates oneself from the characteristics of a common mortal.
- The stage of indestructibility, in which with indestructible faith in the three treasures of Buddhism, one penetrates the true nature of all phenomena, realizing their non-substantiality.
- The stage of impartial devotion to all Buddhas, in which one practices, in successive lifetimes, under all the Buddhas of the three existences. In this stage, one increases all kinds of good roots and transfers their benefit to all beings impartially.
- The stage of transferring one's benefits to all lands. In this stage, one transfers one's benefits to the Buddhas in all lands, serving and making offerings to them and to all other beings.
- The stage of obtaining limitless blessings, in which one directs all one's good fortune to the practice of Buddhism, thereby obtaining limitless good fortune and benefit.
- The stage of impartial benefit, in which one benefits all beings equally.
- The stage of observing the nature of all people, in which one perceives the coexistence of good and evil inherent in people's lives.
- The stage of realizing the true aspect of all phenomena. In this stage, one transfers the benefits one obtains through this realization to others.
- The stage of freedom from all attachments. Here, one perceives all phenomena from the standpoints of both difference and equality and frees oneself from all attachments, thereafter leading others to emancipation.
- The stage of perceiving all phenomena with infinite wisdom. At this level, one regards all phenomena as manifestations of the Middle Way and, while performing a variety of meritorious acts, uses the resultant benefits for the sake of others.
Die 10 Stufen der Entwicklung sind :
- The stage of joy, in which one rejoices at realizing a partial aspect of the truth.
- The stage of freedom from defilement, in which one is free from all defilement.
- The stage of the emission of light, in which one radiates the light of wisdom.
- The stage of glowing wisdom, in which the flame of wisdom burns away earthly desires.
- The stage of overcoming final illusions, in which one surmounts the illusions of darkness, or ignorance of the Middle Way.
- The stage of the sign of supreme wisdom, in which the supreme wisdom begins to appear.
- The stage of progression, in which one rises above the paths of the two vehicles.
- The stage of immobility, in which one dwells firmly in the truth of the Middle Way and cannot be perturbed by anything.
- The stage of the all-penetrating wisdom, in which one preaches the Law freely and without restriction.
- The stage of the Dharma cloud, in which one benefits all sentient beings with the Dharma or Law, just as a cloud sends down rain impartially upon all things.
Die Stufe der fast vollkommenen Erleuchtung
Die Stufe der vollkommenen Erleuchtung - Anutarra Samyak Sambodai
- Buddhist Critical Spirituality: Prajñā and Śūnyatā, Shōhei Ichimura, Motilal Banarsidass, 1999, ISBN-10: 8120817982 ISBN-13: 978-8120817982, S. 111
- http://www.sgilibrary.org/search_dict.php?id=2274 ten stages of devotion (Jpn ju-eko )